Monday, May 26, 2014

Conference

Pulled into conference with these
Poor, twill chairs, with these
Poor, thin hairs
I never thought He could even age.

Sat with my pad and my
Pencil at the ready, he was
Shaking and unsteady
He said he wished He had never been.

He said ‘My darling, miracles don’t exist.
‘We never alter what is happening mid-moment
‘There’s no point – if we want to change what is or isn’t
‘We just arrange it from the very start.’

So, we never know what He’s had His hand in.
My life is just things that never happened to begin with.

I’ve never protested, never
Balked at the reason
At the betraying treason
When it comes, I’ve been good as gold.

But I rather feel like the
Fellows need revealing
If it’s us that they’re stealing
Someone ought to let everyone know.

He said, ‘Go and tell her I never took the wheel
‘If divinity had issued that she be spared
‘There would’ve been no ice on the road to start
Why can’t people change for their own sake?’

I’ve got no answer, baby.

I’m Fate’s girl, not Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment