Saturday, July 12, 2014

Quest Boogaloo

Quest Boogaloo

O, how do I make my baby believe
That there are such things as the dinosaurs
And the words all are fine once you write them in
And you’ve got to keep dancing for life to begin?

What do I say so my baby believes
That I just can’t exist ‘til his whimsy come back
And that love is an instinct, and reason is loose
And the magic is stored up all in my caboose?

What a drag, O my baby – we’re mired in real
And nothing’s the way that the other world was
I feel you’ve been poisoned with mortal and thought
When you fight alongside me I’ll pull the dream taut.

I think I’ve been wand’ring; I think I’ve been lost
And he’s got to come over to see what I sing
My baby needs ballast and blarney and bread
There’s sun past the demon that’s borrowed his head

I’ve got to do something; my baby’s all clogged
And how will I take him away to the isle
if the stones in his pocket won’t let the boy swim
And the shade in his soul makes my own soul go dim?

I can’t make him summer; he must make his own
Else where in his heart will I go to find light?
Where will he keep me if shadows are cold
And give me a place where I’ll never grow old?

I thought of the moment when he had to choose
And he took up the New and he banished the Old
And the fire was lit and I burned at the stake
And the choice wasn’t hard for his piety’s sake

I’ll never stop loving. I’ll never undo
all the knots that our fate tugged along through the years
But I fear for my baby and all he can sway

If his hate takes the witch and her magic away.

No comments:

Post a Comment