Sunday, May 25, 2014

Calm Down, Calm Down

I don't know if it's my being old, or just ridiculously modest, or what. But the girls in my gaming group hang out a whole lot and, occasionally, I get invited to do so as well. And I've found myself not making a huge effort to accept, because they seem to talk a LOT about sex, and I just...don't really wanna talk about that shit 24/7 anymore.

They also, apparently, talk about the dudes in our gaming group and who they find attractive and who they would date. And...what? Almost all of them are married or in a serious relationship. It sorta baffles me and makes me uncomfortable. I genuinely like the guys in our troupe, but I do not think any of them are cute or hot, and I definitely do not want to date or sleep with any of them. They're just people.

So I know it'd be a killjoy for me to say 'Nah, sorry. I just think of your husbands/fiancees/boyfriends as human beings whose company I enjoy and nothing else'. I also know it sets me apart from them, and that's awkward for me. And even moreso, were I to say 'Hey - maybe you shouldn't be talking about how attractive or dateable someone's significant other is.' Am I just totally out of touch with the younger generation? Like, is it ultimate prudery just to want to just be people chilling with people? Do we really need to bring the lipstick lesbianism and the Who Would You Do? and all that nonsense into the mix?

I chalk it up to young folks being just super horny all the time. But it's putting a damper on doing social shit with them, for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment