Sunday, July 13, 2014

Old Bailey LJ Entry

9/2/2008

We went to Amscot to cash my check and they gave Bailey a couple mini Tootsie rolls. And as we were leaving, she found a dollar on the floor. We asked people there if it was theirs and it wasn't, so she kept it. And (the little BABY) later she put it in the Ronald McDonald House donation box of her own accord. 'Because it's not really mine but I want to do something with it', she says. My love. 

So, we go get the car's oil changed at Wal-Mart and it begins to storm torrents as we're in there. And we wander the toy aisle and hang out and the rain's just NOT letting up. So we go into the garage area and watch it pouring. "I hope there's a break," I tell her. "Bailey, tell it to stop raining." 

She thinks for a moment and the pulls out one of the Tootsie rolls and hoists it up on high in her pinched little fingers toward the storm clouds. I watch this as casually as I can for a moment before commenting. "Honey, are you trying to stop the rain with the power of your Tootise roll?" 

"Yep," she tells me. "Cause remember when I got this and then I found a dollar." 

Of course. Der, Mom. Sheesh. 

So we wait a little longer and it still doesn't let up. She she sighs, lowers her arm, unwraps the candy and pops it into her mouth. I eye her. 

"It failed me," she says, chewing a little more viciously than she needed to. 

She would make an AWEsome god.

No comments:

Post a Comment