Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oh, Hello

I've always sort of made fun of Tori for humanizing her songs, calling them her 'girls' and giving them this odd sort of free will. And I don't think the things I write - poems or stories - are people. But they do talk to me. Some of them are insistent, some further themselves only when I'm about to fall asleep, etc.. But they all have different ways of making me write them, and all of them vex me in different ways.

This one is annoying, because it's not the one I wanted to spend my time on. I had other ideas, but this is the one I'm now thinking about constantly. It's not about any of my passions, it's not The Great American Novel. But it's the one that I'm writing and the one that won't let me be until I finish it.

Ah, well. Sometimes your Muse is an angry bitch goddess, sometimes it's a quiet, insinuating little shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment